Checklist for general meeting
Estimated time to complete this document
This document is right for your organisation if:
- Your organisation is a company limited by guarantee formed in England and Wales and registered with Companies House; and
- You are planning an annual general meeting, or other general meeting, of your company’s members.
This document is not right for your organisation if:
- Your organisation is not a company limited by guarantee;
- You are planning a meeting of your company’s directors or trustees, rather than the members; or
- The meeting has been formally requisitioned by the members of the company, rather than called by the directors or trustees.
Please Note: You may also find other resources on the BWB Get Legal site useful such as the BWB Get legal guide to running a charitable company limited by guarantee or the Checklist of filing requirements. If you would like specific advice on your plans, or help with establishing and registering your charity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7551 7777 and a member of our legal team will be able to let you have an estimate for providing bespoke advice.
What do I need before I start?
You won't need any information beyond the proposed name of your organisation to complete this form.
Q: What is the process?
A: Once you have logged in and paid for the form you will be asked one question. The document will then be emailed to you.
Q: What if I don’t have time to complete the form?
A: If you don’t have all the information you need or if you get interrupted you can save the information you have inputted and return to the document later.
Q: What if I want more information about general meetings?
A: You may find the BWB Get Legal guide to running a charitable company limited by guarantee, the Get Legal notice of general meeting or annual general meeting useful. If you would like more specific advice on general meetings or any other legal issue, please contact BWB at email@example.com or on 020 7551 7777 and a member of our legal team will be able to give an estimate for providing bespoke advice.