Client confidentiality and the protection of client data is a fundamental feature of the solicitor client relationship.
As a firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority, we have statutory, common law and regulatory obligations to ensure your information remains confidential.
Our duty to protect your information continues even after we have completed your instructions.
In order to ensure your data is appropriately protected:
- all electronic information is held on our own Bates Wells servers and replicated on third party managed servers in the UK, in order to ensure continuity of service;
- all portable electronic devices and USB drives are encrypted;
- all emails sent externally are encrypted during transmission;
- closed circuit messaging is available where required;
- our network perimeter is protected by firewalls and the firm has obtained Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation. This accreditation is a government-backed scheme supported by the National Cyber Security Centre. Additionally, the firm has achieved an ISO 27001 accreditation; and
- the firm undertakes audits and testing of the robustness of our protections.