This document is right for your organisation if:
This document is not right for your organisation if:
Please Note: Should you wish to have advice on your organisation’s particular circumstances and the terms of its constitution, please contact us on email@example.com or 020 7551 7777 and a member of our legal team will be able to let you have a quotation for providing bespoke advice.
We recommend that for important information regarding the running of a charitable company you refer to the Bates Wells Get Legal guide to running a charitable company limited by guarantee.
What do I need before I start?
You should have a copy of your organisation’s constitution to hand. You will also need to know the following information. There will be information provided throughout the questionnaire to help you answer the questions:
• whether your organisation is a company limited by guarantee, a charitable incorporated organisation, a community benefit society or an unincorporated association;
• if members must fulfil certain criteria or eligibility requirements and if you want to mention these on the form. Please note that the document only allows for one eligibility criteria so this document is not suitable if you have more complicated criteria;
• if you are charging an application fee and/or subscription, and if you want to mention that in the application form;
• if you will want to send notices of meetings and other company documents to members electronically, for example by email; and
• if you want to ask your members to agree that you may send them fundraising material and information about your events and activities, by post and/or electronically.
Remember: If you don’t have everything you need, you can make a start, save the information and return to complete the form another time.
Q: What is the process?
A: Once you have logged in and paid for the form you will be asked a series of questions. These questions help us to create exactly the right document for you. There is lots of information to help you. Once you have finished the document it will be emailed to you with more instructions about what to do next.
Q: What if I don’t have time to complete the form?
A: If you don’t have all the information you need or if you get interrupted you can save the information you have inputted and return to the document later.
Q: What if I want more information about setting up and running a company?
A: You can find out more information about the running of a charitable company, including keeping membership records and communicating with your members, in the Bates Wells Get Legal guide to running a charitable company limited by guarantee. There is also a free interactive decision tree if you are a startup that still hasn’t decided what type of legal form is right for you. If you would like more specific advice on any other legal issue, please contact Bates Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7551 7777 and a member of our legal team will be able to give an estimate for providing bespoke advice.
Select a legal document you need from our library.
Answer some simple questions on your organisation.
Your customised PDF document is emailed to you.