This document is right for your organisation if:
This document is not right for your organisation if:
Please Note: This document helps to ensure that you cover the legal issues you should be considering at your first board meeting. If you have set up a charitable company we recommend the BWB Get Legal guide to running a charitable company limited by guarantee. Should you wish to have advice on your company’s particular circumstances and the terms of its articles of association, please contact us on email@example.com or 020 7551 7777 and a member of our legal team will be able to let you have a quotation for providing bespoke advice.
What do I need before I start?
You should have a copy of your company’s articles of association to hand. You will also need to know the following information. Throughout the questionnaire we provide guidance to help you answer the questions:
• your company’s full name;
• the date of the company’s incorporation;
• your company’s company number;
• your company’s current registered office and if applicable, the address of any future registered office;
• the full address of the place where the board meeting will be held;
• the date and time of the board meeting;
• whether the company is being or has been registered with the Charity Commission, and the charity registration number and date of registration if appropriate;
• the names of the directors and chair of directors, plus the names of the company’s auditors, solicitors, bankers and company secretary if applicable;
• the names of the members of the company;
• the company’s current accounting reference date, and any new accounting reference date if the company plans on changing it;
• the date the company’s first accounts will be made up to;
• the name of the staff member who will be instructed to register the company with HM Revenue and Customs for the purposes of charity tax reliefs, PAYE and/or VAT and the details of such registration if already obtained;
• the name of the staff member who will be instructed to notify the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998;
• which policies the company will be adopting at the first board meeting (a list of suggested policies is provided);
• whether the company’s Articles permit documents to be sent to directors by e-mail or website; and
• if there are any other matters you wish to be dealt with at the meeting.
Remember: If you don’t have everything you need, you can make a start, save the information and return to complete the form another time.
Q: What is the process?
A: Once you have logged in and paid for the form you will be asked a series of questions. These questions help us to create exactly the right document for you. There is lots of information to help you. Once you have finished the document it will be emailed to you with more instructions about what to do next.
Q: What if I don’t have time to complete the form?
A: If you don’t have all the information you need or if you get interrupted you can save the information you have inputted and return to the document later.
Q: What if I want more information about running a company?
A: You may find some of the other resources on BWB Get Legal helpful, we have a checklist of filing requirements and, if your organisation is a charity, a guide to running a charitable company limited by guarantee. If you would like more specific advice on formation and registration as a company or any other legal issue, please contact BWB at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7551 7777 and a member of our legal team will be able to give an estimate for providing bespoke advice.
Select a legal document you need from our library.
Answer some simple questions on your organisation.
Your customised PDF document is emailed to you.